Monday, April 12, 2010

Putting on an Easter Egg Hunt part 2

Well, the first part is the last post. Unfortunately, when it posted, it deleted the rest of the post after the slide show. Grr! But here it is as much as I can remember.

We received a whopping $1382. 75 in donations that day! I’d spent $500 to put it on. I don’t think it’ll cost as much next time because the word is out and I should be able to get more of the donations I need. Plus I have about half of the plastic eggs back that people recycled for me before they left and I have the pinwheels and signs and backdrop still.

After costs I was left with with $882.75 to put into my 3-Day account. I also had previous cupcake sales and with that combined I was able to deposit $1111.00 into my account! That was just amazing! I jumped from less than 1/4 of the way of my goal that is required to walk to 2/3rds of the way there. I still have $754 to raise before I can walk but I’m sure I can get there.

In all this was a great event! It was a bright shiny summery spring day! The weather was perfect. I was in awe of all the people who came. I was in awe of all the eggs sprinkled on the lawn and the beautiful way the pinwheels worked and looked. I was in awe of the first time Mike showed me his fanny pack of cash that already had $500 in it. I was in awe that I managed to pull this event off. I was in awe and touched by all the help I received from family and also from people who don’t even know me. I was touched by all the help, thanks, and well wishes I received. People were thanking me for raising money for Breast Cancer. I really did have fun with this event and I think that I would like to do it again and make it an annual thing. I really want to keep it as a fundraiser for the 3-Day. If I can’t walk that year I’ll find a team to help me with it and give them the money for their funds. It was just a fun and amazing thing to do. I’m so glad I did it. I learned so much and I am still in awe of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment