Last week I focused on monitoring how I felt when I ate right and got some exercise. I really wanted to write about it while I was still glowing from a great workout because that is when the best words come to mind. Right now as I write, I haven’t exercised, so hopefully I can get those words out. I can say that when I did exercise, I felt so good! And I noticed a huge difference in my day. Last Saturday I got up and walked a brisk 5k. It was amazing the difference that made in my day. I got home, ate a good healthy breakfast – an egg frittata and only one homemade biscuit, plain, that Alan had made for breakfast (instead of 4 with butter and jelly and no protein – Alan makes awesome biscuits!) and I felt energized for the rest of the day. Let’s just say, it was a productive and energetic Saturday. It was great! Such a difference when I get up and get some exercise and eat right first thing.
Monday and Tuesday for the first time in months, maybe almost a year, I got myself and the 3 younger kids out the door and to the gym. I have such a hard time justifying going to the gym if I have to take kids along because the babysitting fees really add up fast. But I love to go and it’s where I do my best exercising. Especially in a class that I love. My gym has made a lot of changes in the past year – which is partly why I haven’t been there – they were under construction – but they’ve finally gotten on the ball and are now offering moneysaving babysitting packages so that it doesn’t cost quite as much for those of us who bring more than one child. Okay! That was good news.
But, back to my monitoring. I exercised, I came home. Then I discovered that I really do have the time get to the gym and back and still have time to do my other things that are needful. That was setting me back quite a bit. I just have to be better organized like I was on Monday and Tuesday.
It is so hard finding time to exercise as a mom. So hard. But thankfully I may have found a groove I can live with. At least until summertime rolls around but that shouldn’t change things much. The only difference is that Gabby will be home and I’ll have to pay for a 4th child but it’ll be fine.
I have to remember how good it feels to exercise and how much energy it gives me through the day. So nice.
Now to monitoring my food intake: I had a particularly bad night mood wise early on in week 2 and there was still some chocolate Easter bunny in the house (I have a hard time throwing out chocolate). I discovered how quickly and easily one can use up all of the extra weekly allotment of points. All it takes is a hunk of chocolate, a few tablespoons of peanut butter and one evening. A yummy treat but not good for me. But, you know, I tracked it! It was hard to keep on top of my points through the week and not have any extra room each day. But that forced me to get some exercise and earn some of my points back. So, in a way, it was a good thing.
Week two weight loss = 3 lbs. Wow! Total in two weeks = 6 lbs. I love having more space between my elbows and my waist. :)
Week 3 is all about getting through the weekend. How do you survive it? The past couple weekends haven’t been too difficult. Knowing that I have to weigh in early in the week keeps me watching myself over the weekend. This weekend is going to be particularly difficult as we will be travelling. My goal is to enjoy the weekend – I do have some moving room with my points, but I am promising myself to also record everything I eat and keep it in check. I also hope to find a way to get some exercise. 10 hours in a car is a long time! Wish me luck!




Good luck! Keep it up. So far you're really inspiring me. I'm traveling this weekend too. Travel makes things so tricky when I'm trying to lose weight so I haven't been as 'on the ball' with my plans as I had hoped. One thing good about my traveling last week was that we spent almost every day all day walking around parks and/or window shopping. That at least got me moving and I think my pants are looser this week. I have a wedding this weekend though so it's going to take some focus to not indulge more than I should...
ReplyDelete