Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some of my Thoughts on Fundraising for the 3-Day

Wow. I started this thinking, oh it shouldn't be too too difficult. I just have to get equal to 100 donations of $25. I know more than 100 people and $25 is not much to ask for. And if people are willing to give more, all the better! There is a way to set up up to four monthly installments to break up a larger donation into bite size pieces. Should be cake, right? Then I'd have more than I need to walk.

But then I thought, I hate just asking for money. I'd like to work for this and offer something in return. I have been working on it and not doing too bad. Speaking of cake, I offered Valentine's Cakes for $25 and sold 4. Plus I received a few more donations from people who didn't order cakes. Then I made "Cupcakes for Breast Cancer" and sold them for $2.00 each or 3/$5. I made a decent amount doing that too.

This helped to fund the next fundraiser that I have coming up next Saturday - an Easter Egg Hunt and raffles for my community. That has been one major major undertaking and I've lost sleep over it mainly from just not knowing what to expect the day of. How many eggs do I need? How many kids will show? Will I have enough eggs or way too many? Or way too few? Will I have any good raffles to offer? Will any businesses donate? Will anyone come? Will I have volunteers to help at the event??? I don’t have a committee! Next time I have to make a committee!! So far, as businesses go, only Staples has helped me and I'm going to have to make a big sign thanking them. (and they are in a different township!! Cinnaminson businesses, take stock here!) I also had a woman round up her girl scout troop for donations. That was tremendous! They need a sign too.
I have raffles, I have eggs (do I have enough?), I have event insurance ($150, oof! Anyone want to donate $150 for that?) I think I might even luck out and have a sunny day too! I am asking for a minimum $5.00 per child donation and I hope that there are at least 100 kids that show up. I hope also that people like the raffles I have and are generous with their giving. I'm not sure how much I'll make for how much I've had to spend. This year being the first year, I've spent more than I think I would have to next year. I did have some generous egg and candy donations from neighbors and friends. Thank you soooo much!! I hope it's a great event. 
Future fundraisers: Mother's Day cakes, maybe Father's Day cookies, cupcake sales at local stores and a "chicka night" (hopefully with a donation of food from "chick"-fil-a, a “chick” flick, and a “chicka” friend to host it??? That can be your donation...) Then maybe I'll send emails out asking for last donations.
I'm pretty confident that I'll raise the money. I hope to anyway because I really want to walk it! No $2300, no walk!

I might even shave my head for a single $1000 donation. I don’t think anyone will give $1000 so I think I’m pretty safe. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment