Monday, September 20, 2010

Candlelight Vigil – Mr. Phillips

I am posting this for my brother so he can watch it since he didn’t get to go to the vigil as he is in Tennessee. Mr. Phillips had a great impact on Mike’s life as well as the lives of many other students. Here’s a video I took when I went in Mike’s place.

The quality isn’t that great but oh well. I also didn’t want to have my camera in people’s faces when they talked but I wanted the audio clips so I pointed the camera at the candle I lit for Mike. A little flame does have a rather calming, quieting effect when people are pondering, remembering and listening. Could be one reason candle-light vigils are so effective at bringing peace in a time of sorrow. Plus it gives them a chance to say goodbye when they didn’t get to say goodbye.

Love ya Mike. I’m glad Mr. Phillips was there for you your senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment